Movie: Kung Fu Panda 2


Directed by Jennifer Yuh
Actors Jack Black, Angelina Jolie and Jackie Chan
MPAA rating: PG
Running time: 90 mins
Tagline: Prepare for the return of awesomeness

Po joins forces with a group of new kung-fu masters to take on an old enemy with a deadly new weapon.


I picked this movie because Lucas did it

What I liked the Most? I finally found out why a duck raised a panda

What I liked the Least? Nothing

Review: Heck YEAH!!!

Opening sequence – beautiful artwork – like watching an oriental puppet play – tells us the background of Shen (evil peacock LOL) and how he killed all the pandas.

Then flash to modern day outside the temple, you hear snippets of conversation (Po you can do one more), hey he’s training for real this time – camera pans inside and surprise there’s Po trying to fit one more steamed bun in his mouth. Causing a lot of giggles in our row of the theatre – granted most of them were from me & Lucas. Shoot me – I have a very childlike sense of humor at times.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the “grown up” feel given to the antics of Jack Black as Po – in the first movie the character was REALLY childish and in this one there was heart & soul with a backbone. I was really touched by Daddy Noodle Duck and his openingly honest upset at his adopted baby panda going off to save China.

Yes there are still tons of goofy antics & LOL moments even with the tears & sadness – but that is the hallmark of a good movie.

Recommended to: Everyone

Best Quote: Po: Ah. My old enemy... stairs
or

Tigress: The mast is not a worthy opponent.

Pictures of our movie watching gang below:

No comments :

Post a Comment