Book: A Modern Witch




Debora Geary
Chick Lit – Paranormal Style
Fireweed / 2011
Kindle / 300 Pages
Series A Modern Witch #1

Can you live 28 years without discovering you're a witch?

Lauren is downtown Chicago's youngest elite realtor. She's also a witch. She must be - the fetching spell for Witches' Chat isn't supposed to make mistakes. So says the woman who coded the spell, at least.

The tall, dark, and handsome guy sent to assess her is a witch too (and no, that doesn't end the way you might think). What he finds in Lauren will change lives, mess with a perfectly good career, and require lots of ice cream therapy.


I picked this book up because I fell in love with Witches on Parole & wanted to read the rest of the series

What I liked the Most? The style of writing – it flows so wonderfully

What I liked the Least? That everyone seemed to push Lauren around a bit

Review: Debora Geary has proven to be my favorite new find in 2011 & I’m sucking down any of her works that I can find. This book brought home that she is a quirky writer with a wonderful sense of fun. I loved that it wasn’t the typical romance in that the trainer/trainee fall in love, but that the precog was set off by a non-witch.

I fell head over heels with the adorable Aervyn, he simply made the book for me. I did miss the WitchLight aspect, but loved loved loved the family. This is total brain candy that will make you happy, make you smile & truly make you laugh. What more could you ask from such a bewitching series.

Recommended to: Fans of Witchy Fiction

Best Quote: “She’ll be well loved now and that’s all she’s ever wanted”

No comments :

Post a Comment