Movie:White Christmas



Director: Michael Curtiz
Actors: Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye and Rosemary Clooney
MPAA rating: unrated
Running time: 120 mins
Tagline: Joyous entertainment for every season, any year!!!!

After leaving the Army after W.W.II, Bob Wallace and Phil Davis team up to become a top song-and-dance act. Davis plays matchmaker and introduces Wallace to a pair of beautiful sisters (Betty and Judy) who also have a song-and-dance act. When Betty and Judy travel to a Vermont lodge to perform a Christmas show, Wallace and Davis follow, only to find their former commander, General Waverly, is the lodge owner. A series of romantic mix-ups ensue as the performers try to help the General.


I picked this movie because It was my mother’s favorite Christmas movie & now it is mine

What I liked the Most? EVERYTHING!!!

What I liked the Least? Nothing

Review: First off – a note to all the haters out there – yes this movie is fluff, but that’s what it is supposed to be. Entertaining fluff. It makes me laugh, cry and cheer. That is what it was designed to do. Danny Kaye gave suck life to Phil Davis, bringing him full range from a loveable goof ball to perfect leading man. And Vera-Ellen dancing is sooo perfectly wonderful & those legs!! When she dances you can see why men would fall over her.

A GREAT MOVIE!!!! GREAT CAST CHEMISTRY!!!! GREAT MUSIC!!!! GREAT DANCING!!!! WATCH IT AND YOU WILL SOON BE DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!!

Recommended to: Everyone

Best Quote: Well how do you like that? Not so much as a "kiss my foot" or "have an apple".
or

I want you to get married. I want you to have nine children. And if you only spend five minutes a day with each kid, that's forty-five minutes, and I'd at least have time to go out and get a massage or something.
or

Bob: Oh, Phil, when are you going to learn that girls like that are a dime a dozen?
Phil: Please, don't quote me the price when I haven't got the time.

No comments :

Post a Comment