Book: Courting Darkness




Yasmine Galenorn
Paranormal Romance
Jove / 2011
Mass Market / 286 Pages
Series Sisters of the Moon #10

We're the D'Artigo sisters: sexy, savvy ex-operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But being half-human, half-Fae means our powers go haywire at all the wrong times. My sister Delilah is a Death Maiden and werecat who belongs to the Autumn Lord. My sister Menolly is a vampire who's dating a gorgeous werepuma, and the godfather of the undead-set. And me? I'm Camille, Priestess of the Moon Mother, married to a dragon, a youkai, and a Svartan. But my dragon father-in-law has decided that he doesn't like having me for a member of the family...

It's Winter Solstice, and Aeval welcomes me into her Court of Darkness. With Morio still dangerously weak from his injuries and Vanzir alive only thanks to my silence, the thought of training under Morgaine doesn't seem as daunting as it did. But then, Hyto returns to shatter my life. Captured and swept off to the Dragon Reaches, can I manage to stay alive long enough to escape, even as Smoky's father intends to break my spirit, then my body?


I picked this book up because Series

What I liked the Most? The characters are so bold and alive

What I liked the Least? WTF ~ Chase again? This could have been dropped with no problem

Review:It seems that Camille’s books are always based in and around sex. Not that that is a bad thing, it just gets a little old.

There were issues (above and beyond the rape scene) in this book, the whole Chase subplot seemed to be bad addition (oops I need 5 more pages to make it a good book), Menolly is mostly missing except when she’s staring longingly at Mario or him her (I get it that bond is there, but really?), and while I get the whole she’s so sexy & voluptuous – she is not a goddess and no one can compare to Marilyn Monroe feminine mystique (especially when you are currently logging more meat than a deli). All in all I was disappointed in this one, but then again I usually am when Camille is the lead.

And I get that you feel certain music lends itself to the story, but this playlist is outrageously long!!!

Recommended to: Fans of the series only

Best Quote: There it was-waiting for us. Home, with smoke drifting from the chimney, and clear sparkling lights surrounding the porch. From the driveway, the three story Victorian shimmered like a beacon, both on the physical and on the astral. Flares of energy shot up like sun spots. I leaned back in the car, smiling. Our home, our haven against the demons.
(it’s the opening of the book & I thought it was beautifully written)

No comments :

Post a Comment