Movie: Hugo


Director: Martin Scorsese
Actors: Asa Butterfield, Chloƫ Grace Moretz and Christopher Lee
MPAA rating: PG
Running time: 126 mins
Tagline:

Hugo is an orphan boy living in the walls of a train station in the 1930s in Paris. He fixes clocks and other gadgets as he learned to from his father and uncle. The only thing that he has left that connects him to his father is an automaton that doesn't work; Hugo has to find its heart-shaped key. On his adventures, he meets with a cranky old man who works in the train station and his adventure-seeking god-daughter. Hugo finds that they have a surprising connection to his father and the automaton, and as he discovers it, the old man starts remembering his past and his significance to the world of film-making.


I picked this movie because The previews looked stunning but I didn’t get a chance to see it on the big screen.

What I liked the Most? The layers of romance

What I liked the Least? The anger

Review: Hugo is a movie that you will either love or hate. I personally loved it. I laughed, I cried, I cheered. I was sucked into this magical train station and it’s daily inhabitants. I really enjoyed the romances that carried on in the background of the “real” tale. After all, this is a place your dreams can come true.

I think what makes this movie is the constant sound track, even when there is something else going on. The score guy made this movie unforgettable.

Recommended to: Anyone with imagination

Best Quote: This might be an adventure, and I've never had one before - outside of books, at least.

No comments :

Post a Comment