Book: A Nomadic Witch

Debora Geary
Witchy
Fireweed Publishing / 2012
Kindle
Series A Modern Witch #4

Spring brings a traveler to Nova Scotia - a tiny babe who will turn Marcus's life upside down and reincarnate the horrifying events of his past.

Can Marcus find his way through the pain to love and healing? And can the witching community finally learn to keep their astral travelers safe?

I picked this book up because Series baby – it’s series.

What I liked the Most? the baby care plan

What I liked the Least? pretty soon something drastic is gonna have to happen, these powers are getting a little out of control

Review: Points in favor of this book – I loved the Morgan/Marcus dynamic, I wanna bake cookies, I pick up my knitting again, I spend a little more time outside petting my flowers (the ones BF lets me touch anyways), and I reconnect to myself for a bit. But there was something “off” about this installment, at least as far as I could tell and no it wasn’t the tear factor, I had a lot of those with Reckless Witch.

Now keep in mind, these are my thoughts & opinions only.
  • I feel cheated out of watching Lauren & Devin’s relationship develop.
  • The powers are converging a little too rapidly and it’s overshadowing the growth of the characters (and this series is character driven)
  • The flow felt choppy.
Recommended to: If you haven’t tried the Modern Witch series yet, you are seriously missing out. The series would make the perfect summer reading list, so what are you waiting for? Best Quote: “A daddy is just a fancy name for a momma with ear hair.”

No comments :

Post a Comment