Book: A Different Witch


Debora Geary
Witchy Fiction
Fireweed Publishing / 2012Kindle
Series Modern Witch #5

Witch Central welcomes everyone. Or does it?

Twenty months ago, Jamie and Lauren crashed a coven meeting in Chicago - a visit they barely remember. For Beth Landler, it was the moment that fractured her circle and awakened her need for an entirely different kind of magic.

The kind only found in Witch Central. If she can dig up the courage to go.

A Different Witch is book five of the top-rated A Modern Witch series. Light contemporary fantasy with a good dose of humor, a little romance, and characters you won't want to leave.


I picked this book up because Series

What I liked the Most? Shay growing up

What I liked the Least? While I can't say any one thing bothered me or I liked the least - there are some sections that were uncomfortable to read.

Review: I always have to read Debora's books twice - once just to enjoy the familiar connections & characters and then a second time to actually review the book. I read this series because I adore the love that is front and center. I need that in my life. I can honestly say that this series gives me reason to hope & reconnect to my family (both blood & chosen). I always come out of the story seeking a healthier life.

In this story, we are reintroduced to Beth. The leader of Witchery's Coven, you remember that one. Yeah Lauren & Jamie went to a meeting and Jamie shook everyone up. Yeah, the one that they basically ran out of the meeting because it was shaping up to be an explosion, because his tact was on vacation. Yep - that one. Well we get to see a bit from Covenside and we get properly introduced to Beth. Seems she has been dreaming of magic since he left and may indeed be ready to seek it out, but there is a twist. Beth is an Aspie, high functioning Asperger's to be exact. Debora handled her creation perfectly, the intristic thought patterns & inability to communicate properly. Read the book, I don't wanna give any thing away.

Word of warning - if you invest yourself in the characters of a book, have a box of tissues at hand while reading this book, because I cried a bucket of tears. So much so that my boyfriend thought someone had upset me, and in trying to tell him what was wrong I just cried even more.


Recommended to: I recommend this series to EVERYONE!

Best Quote: "Knowing where you're headed is one thing. Knowing how to get there is often the tricky part."

No comments :

Post a Comment