21 Day Fix Chicken Cordon Bleu

Ingredients:
2 lbs B/L S/L Chicken Breast (sliced in half or butterflied depending on your level of commitment to cooking)
5-10 slices of low sodium ham (I use a thin cut natural)
Shredded Provolone
Mustard (I've used regular deli mustard, honey mustard, and spicy mustard)
16 (maybe a few more) Whole wheat crackers - finely crushed

I slice the chicken breast so I end up with thin "layers", and place about half of it in the bottom of a casserole dish. Then I top with mustard. Don't go totally crazy, but it does add flavor. Lay the ham out on top of the mustard, on my half of the dish, I use 3-6 slices of ham, on his half I use between 6-12. Sprinkle shredded cheese next, on my half of the dish, I use the blue container full of cheese, on his half I just sprinkle it over. Place the remain chicken on the top of the casserole dish. Sprinkle the crushed crackers on top. Bake at 350 until chicken is done, depending on your oven 30-45 minutes is usually good.

For measurements I use 1 yellow (cracker topping), 1 blue (cheese), and 2-3 reds depending on how much I eat/have eaten during the day. It's a decent reheatable meal, but may need more mustard if it dries out.

You can totally "spice up" this meal by spicing the chicken up. I tend to cook kind of bland for James' stomach.

No comments :

Post a Comment