Good Dye Young

While I was randomly watching YouTube videos, I heard about Hayley Williams of Paramore vegan & cruelty free hair dye company, Good Dye Young.

And since I love my weird bright red hair color, I totally ordered this hair dye back during Birthday Month, but I had to wait until I could redo my hair. I finally decided to do it last night, so here is my product review (and I'll update with a few more pictures on how it wears as the month goes on).

To place the order, you have to go to their website (gooddyeyoung.com) to place the order, it's not available at any in store locations yet.

Big check in the neggy column right off the bat, while I don't mind paying $13.99 for my hair dye (especially if it works as advertised), I don't wanna pay $18.99 for the same product. Now for those of you that is mathematically proficient that means the shipping cost is $5 per TUBE!!!!

Ok, so even with the additional expense, I ordered it any way on August 15th, cause I'm a sucker for new hair color. If it's worth it, it's worth it. Ya know.


Got this beautiful package in the mail about 7 days later! The tape alone made me extremely smiley and excited! This is the kind of detail to the total purchasing experience. I had just dyed my hair 3 days prior, so I put off opening my package until I needed it. Which was last night!!!! So I totally grabbed a knife and cut into the happy tape and popped the box open.


Squee!!!!! These adorable stickers were laying on the very top of the box. I should have snapped a pic of the packaging but I was in too much of a hurry.


This is the box that the dye comes in and the size of the tube. Now I'm going on record here stating that this is a freaking LOT of hair dye! You get 4 ounces total actual dye! And the packaging is amazing. It doesn't have that about to snap feeling that the metal type tubes of chemically dye has.


And do you see this color!!!!!!!!! OMG I am in love with the COLOR!!!! And just a little bit better than that, there isn't a harsh chemical smell. The dye totally smells like a flower. I'm not sure what flower, but there is a floral scent. And it's not like oh man, you just stomped threw a flower patch over done blown up FLOWER scent. It's a delicate, I'm not gonna choke you nice rounded scent.


And did you check out these directions - LOL - this was totally too funny to me!!! So I totally followed directions, with a few additions. I put my hair up in multiple sections (cause it's easier for me to work with that way), put coconut oil around my hair line, and applied the color with a color brush. 

After making sure that all the hair got product on it, I put on a shower cap and proceeded to wait. I left my hair to soak up the color for about an hour (while I watched RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 2) and afterwards, rinsed it out with cold water. I put it up in a towel for a little bit, and then let it air dry.


This is how it turned out. I will say that I am not 100% happy with it, I was hoping for a deep dark red. Eh, maybe next time, I'll bleach it out first and then do the application. It's a pretty color, don't get me wrong. It's just not the bright brilliant red that I was expecting from the pictures on the web page & instagram.

No comments :

Post a Comment