Book: Marly’s Choice



Lora Leigh
Eroctica
Ellora’s Cave / 2003
Quality Paperback / 312 Pages
Series: Men of August #1

Marly's love for Cade has spanned her teenage years, and survived strong and intact into womanhood. Her fantasies and daydreams have sustained her, but she's no longer content with merely imagining the touch of his hands, the taste of his kiss. It's time to seduce the tough, sexy cowboy. She's heard the rumors for years, the tales of his sexual preferences. She's prepared herself to accept his desires. Prepared her body for his touch. But she wasn't prepared for the choice to come... Cade's dark desires, his sexual excesses are based in the past. In a time when pain, shame, and blood stains his very soul. He carries a secret shared only with his brothers. A secret that has scarred the bond, the ability to be a brother or to accept the love of the men he was raised with. He knows the only way to prove his loyalty, his love for those brothers and Marly will be the key. She has a choice. She can surrender to Cade's needs, his soul deep desires, or she can walk away. A choice only Marly can make. A choice that will change her life forever.


I picked this book up because Full length smut = more sex

What I liked the Most? The domination theme & Sam (I might just skip to his book)

What I liked the Least? Lora Leigh’s obsession with anal sex

Review: Marly is a young woman – determined & stubborn – wanting who she wants no matter the cost involved. She wants Cade – domineering man with a tormented past and very strange sexual kinks involving his brothers (talk about dysfunction junction) – who realizes he can’t just take what he wants unless of course you say no. But come on now – I don’t care how tortured your past is – pushing a virgin to their knees in public and then having her go down on you and then you call her a whore as you walk away is not acceptable. Never. And then after the name calling and petty intimidating he tried she still went ahead and slept with him – in a hesitant and forced manor – it was like hey you’re a virgin? Sex toys, triple penetration, My BROTHERS?!?!?!

Counseling – I recommend counseling. All of the main characters – Cade, Marly, Brock, and Sam – are in need of some major therapy instead of hiding from their traumatic pasts and masking their emotional pain with intense sex.

I realize people want to freely engage in a ménage, then have a damn ménage, but the really the whole ‘I have to because I’m emotionally scarred’ and the demanding ‘my woman better accept my need to share her with my brothers or else because otherwise it means she really doesn’t love me’ thing is just silly and lame.

Recommended to: I'm not recommending this book, because I'm not sure if I liked it or not. I know parts of it were really icky, Cade pissed me off, Marly pissed me off, but I still want to read the next two books in the series, to see what the heck is going on. Does that mean I liked it, or that I'm a glutton for punishment?

Best Quote: “And trust me, boy, she has a damned fine figure, but that’s one woman you don’t want to tangle with. She has PMS every day of the damned week.”

No comments :

Post a Comment