Book: Possession In Death



Book: Possession in Death

JD Robb
Romantic Suspense
Berkley / 2010
Mass Market Paperback / 68 Pages
Series In Death #31.5
“The devil killed my body. I cannot fight, I cannot find. I cannot free her. You must. You are the one. We speak to the dead.” Immediately after hearing these words, uttered to her by an old Romanian woman bleeding to death in the street, detective Eve Dallas begins to notice that her latest case has come with a number of interesting side-effects: visions of the deceased, instant familiarity with rooms she’s never seen before, and fluency in Russian. Likewise, there appears to be a force inside of her, a spirit other than her own, that won’t let her rest until she’s found Beata, the old woman’s great-granddaughter, whose disappearance two months prior remains a mystery. Desperate to be free of her new “gifts”, Eve pursues the facts until she discovers a link between Beata’s disappearance and the disappearance of eight other young women, all of whom attended the same dance classes, none of whom were ever heard from again.

I picked this book up because Series

What I liked the Most? LOVED that this picked up right where the last book ended.

What I liked the Least? ARGH!!!! Short story

Review: Okay usually I don’t like the woo-woo Eve books or stories because it seems forced or something but this one rocked. And for the first time I enjoyed a JD Robb short story. It felt complete & full.

I loved the fact that Eve handled it as well as she did & that Roarke is the one who got all shook up. Oh yeah & we got the promised cook out. LOL.

Recommended to: Fans of the series

Best Quote: "Don’t even start with the voodoo, woo-woo, Free-Ager shit.She was alive, bleeding, and talking until about an hour ago."

OR

“Don’t say the E word. No exorcisms. I’m not having some priest or witch doctor or voodoo guy dancing around me, banging on his magic coconuts.”

No comments :

Post a Comment