Book: Witches on Parole: Unlocked




Debora Geary
Chick Lit – Paranormal Style
Fireweed / 2011
Kindle / 302 Pages
Series WitchLight Trilogy #1 (Read between A Modern Witch 2 & 3)

Two pendants. Two students. And it’s entirely possible they didn’t volunteer.

World-famous (and now retired) photographer Jenvieve Adams has a debt to repay and a soft spot for witches who have lost their way. Or so she thinks, until they actually show up.

Join some of the cast of characters from the very successful A Modern Witch series as they take on a new kind of journey as guides for WitchLight. What happens when an obsessive psychologist and a wordsmithing delinquent get dropped into Witch Central?

Note: Witches on Parole is a spin-off trilogy, set in the world of the A Modern Witch series. This trilogy can be enjoyed on its own, but if you haven’t yet read A Modern Witch, you might consider doing so;many of the characters featured in Witches on Parole get their start in the main series. For those who are already fans of the main series, this book falls between book 2 and 3, but can easily be read anytime after book 1


I picked this book up because it was free on Kindle

What I liked the Most? Absolutely everything

What I liked the Least? Nothing really

Review:Holy Freaking Cow – I am soooo happy that I went on Amazon at exactly the right time to find this book. I laughed, I cried, I busted out laughing, and I fell in love (and ordered the rest of her books lol).

I was sucked in from the very beginning of the story and started caring about the characters from the first few pages. I love the view from a camera insights that Jennie is so fond of and it makes me want to pull my camera back out to start snapping pictures again.

Lizard was the perfect underdog in the underdog role with her copious vocabulary delighted and enthused me (I will admit to start a texting word circle with my friends and we are getting the witchlets involved too). While it took me longer to warm up to Elsie, I don’t like such wound up tightwads, but it is indeed a treat to watch her shatter that shell.

I’m eagerly awaiting the next chapter in this delightful story.

Recommended to:Everyone who enjoys witchcraft & chick lit

Best Quote: There were entirely too many small quips for me to pick a favorite or best, but the words that Lizard spouts are absolutely priceless.

No comments :

Post a Comment